Oct 10, 2008

Its begining to look alot like fall :)

My new daycare sign!!!!!
this hangs on my front door :)


Well...things have calmed ever so slightly that I can blog a little....first off I just wanted to say to all of you out there that have a child with behavioral problems or care for a child with this problem....my heart goes out to you...one of the children I care for is so hard to get-a-long with for the other children, including his siblings and it is emotionally draining for me...I am completely exhausted...it is almost as if when he is in a mood...that it is 8-9 hours of complete hell.....so much of my things....have gotten broken in the last month...and its just saddening to watch it happen....discipline....i.e timeout and the corner...which I as a child FEARED....is nothing for him...he is just so destructive....it is just....blah...I feel as though I am in a funk..... just sad really...I feel as though when this child is here I am a prisoner of my own home....is this normal....am I just not meant to do daycare...


Well onto a happier note...Girl Scouts and Taryn has been sooooo much fun.... we are working on seat belt and bicycle safety...so we decided to make a float..... My Dearest Mommy painted up the float backer...tell me what ya think...


The little buckle up guy will be on the back of the float as we drive on by... :)



Also I have been doing a little fall decorating...


This last one is my tables little centerpiece...I am actually very proud of it...the little yellow tray came from a yard sale for .25...and the cinnamon twine balls were 3 for $1 and the scarecrows $1 each and the leaves $1.25 ...pumpkin $7....not too shabby if I do say so myself..... also wanted to let you know in the upcoming weeks I am going to be painting my china hutch black and distressing it.....If anyone knows and is willing to share...HOW DO YOU MAKE THOSE FAKE PANTRY PIES? I WANT TO MAKE SOME AND MY CREATIVE JUICES CAN'T QUITE FIGURE IT OUT!!!

XOXO

Love thy neighbor.....

Scoti

7 comments:

JenW!~ said...

Cute sign and Love your fall decor. I can't help ya on the pie thing but look forward to seeing one if you find out how.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

I too am starting to do childcare in my home! My kids are grown and I needed to have something to do!! Have a great weekend!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

HAVING DONE CHILDCARE FOR MANY YEARS, INCLUDING PROTECTIVE SERVICES CARE AND FOSTER PARENTING, I can tell you there is a big difference in everyday childcare and special needs childcare. This parent is aware, even if they don't acknowledge it, that they have a child that needs behavior modification. Regular discipline techniques don't work because this child's needs are different. The siblings of this child deserve a break from the disruptive behavior so they can progress normally. Perhaps, you could discuss the problems with the parent and get their input as to disipline. Or perhaps you could explain that it is too much and unfair to other children and parents that you provide service to. You have to stay on top of the game. Planning and providing activities for children is an all-encompassing job.You need/ deserve to have peace of mind. You aren't specifically educated to handle children with needs such as these. Simply explain that to the parent. Surely they want the best for all the children. There is no shame in admitting you are not prepared to handle this. You will find children that love and appreciate you for what you do and will be much happier when you can give them all your attention equally. Don't allow a bad experience to sour you on home daycare. Or, if the money is good enough, perhaps you could hire a helper for the times when the child is most disruptive--to work one on one with them, but unless they are trained or have experience, they won't last. You perform this service as an occupation, not a community service. You have the right to decline service to anyone. Good luck, Sweetie. I know this is a hard position to be in....
And I love your fall decor--you are a bargain shoppper!

Catty Wampus said...

I love your decor; as for the pies; I am not sure which ones you are referring to; prim pantry cakes; I have made from a recipe that Jenn at Bittersweet Primitives and Fixins has on her tutorial; she might be able to help; I agree with Linda; you may need to get help or more training to deal with these kids; it is hard and I know you are trying to do the best. Perhaps there are resources in your area for the parents? Sometimes the mental health and/or educational system can refer you to area providers?

Tammy said...

Scoti,
You decorations look great. I have an award for you on my blog come on over and see what I have for you. Hugs, Tammy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

When I babysat a few years back I too had a child like that. All of my time was focused on him because he too was destructive and mean to the others. I could only take about a week of that and I had to tell the parents I did not have the patience or time to care for that child since I had an infant at the time.

Anonymous said...

Well said.