Aug 15, 2008

Fabulously...Fantabulous Friday!!! And Behind my Red Door Contest!!!!

Well it is Friday already...okay who am I kidding it seemed as though it would never come!!!! I need a little sanity moment...I have a few-4 NEW daycare kiddos. all under 4 and I feel as though I may pull my hair out a little...They are great kids just geting them into the routine of things is a little harder than you'd think it should be....but oh well....The little boy who is 3 decided today while in the wash room "washing" his hands and face post lunch time....that he would undo the pipe on the bottom of the sink and then turn the water on....holy cow was it a mess.....And I wonder why it is that a 3 yo can undo that pipe and I would have had to stand on it to get it eo budge....lol..... Tomorrow is garage sale day here yeah!!! I need a few things...take note...NEED!!! I am going to start sewing my aprons up tomorrow for the up coming craf show and I decided to make cinnamon roll sitters.....alot harder than I original thought~~~ Also making laundry detergent tomorrow with my MIL. I did make my first batch of homemade lip balm....not to bad if I do say so myself....Its a little oiler than I like but now I will just adjust the next batch so it won't be..... I will also sew my first dolly tomorrow with my dd, she is 5 and wants to learn to sew so bad she can't take it anymore!!! Well thats where I am at I thought that I would include my first recipe of sharing with you....Let me know how it all workd for ya!!!!

Spiced Apple Cake...yummy...

Preheat oven to 325 degrees

11 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
1-1/4 c. packed dark-brown sugar
1-1/2c peeled apple slices
2 c all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. ground allspice
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
2/3 c. milk
whipped cream---if so desired!!

1. Place 3 t. of the butter in 9 inch round nonstick cake pan. Coat sides of pan with the non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in the oven while heating to 325. When butter is melted, remove pan from oven. Sprinkle with 1/4 c. of the sugar. Carefully fan out apple slices, overlapping, in pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, cloves, allspice and salt into medium size bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat remaining 8 tablespoons of butter and remaining 1 cup of sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Add half the flour mixture, then milk, then remainigflour. Beat until smooth. Pour into pan.
3. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until pick comes out clean. Run thin knofe around cake; invert onto plate. Remove pan; replace any apple slices stuck to pan. Serve slightly warm with whipped cream....enjoy cuz its good stuff!!!

Also wanted everybody to know Linda is having an awesome giveaway...so check it out...http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/


Also wanted to know how many would be interested in a white "crafty" elephant exchange....maning you can't buy anything has to be something from your home and something you crafted.....I would like to have my first swap...so email me if your interested!!! Thanks and have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Hello my dearest daughter :D

Love the blog... let me tell you it is weird sometimes reading about us... but I am sure you could say the same out mine :D

Just wanted to let you know I was reading yours everytime you posted something new...Give those wonderfully loverly children of yours a big squeeze (their stuff'n out) and a Na` Na` kiss for me!!

Keep up the good work dear... I may learn a thing or two from you :D Thanks sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Taryns,
Thank you for stopping by. I sent you the e-mail..I am glad you love the words transfer. You are a busy lady.... I kept childrens and babies at the church nursury when i was your age. Oh me....it is a big job. Those little can get in the most stuff. My prayers will be with you. You are doing the most important job of taking care of sweet childrens. You will be blessed. Love your blog...I put you on my blog list. You have a wonderful week with little one. Smiles and Hugs