Aug 5, 2008

Here I am....





Well.. today is my first day as a "BLOGGER". My mom got me started at this and we will have to see how this goes. Please bear with me as I try to journey down this gravel road.





A little about me...first I am a daughter to a mother who raised me single-handily until I was 2, of course with the help of my grandma and her sisters and brother.... Until she met my dad...the man I hold so dear to me. He took us both on and never seemed to question his discussion of being my dad and hero. Then a few years later came my sister, who I am sure you will hear me rant and rave about alot!!! There is 5 years age difference between us which at times causes more arguing and disagreement than probably necessary!! Then at the ripe ole age of 22 I decide to take on the best job in the world...being a mom, I had a beautiful healthy baby girl, T ( for my piece of mind) 5 lbs. 10 ozs. and just amazing....life all the sudden had a purpose. She is now 5 years old and getting ready to start Kindergarten...all day :(



Then in 2004...surprise with the double pink line..... and in June of 2005.. I had a handsome baby boy..B (once again for my piece of mind) He was 7 lbs even..but if you ask my mom I thought he weighed about 10 lbs. He was HUGE!!! It took an extra set of hands to get his stubborn little booty out of there. He was cozy I guess. lol. Then all of the sudden we went to a 4 person family. I have been with high school sweetheart off and on now for over 10 years. lol.....ask my mom for the details...She would love to tell you ALL about it....


I have done office work for the last 8 years off and on.. and at Christmas time I decided to open my own daycare. Prior to opening the daycare the kids went to my mom's everyday....and when I opened the daycare in April...it took weeks for the kids to stop asking me when I was goin' to work so they could go to na' nas and papa's. Still everyday they call her at least once!!! At least!! Most of the time to call and see if she is either awake yet....7 am wake up!!! lol or to see if " I'm coming' to your house na'na?" Talk about feeling left out!!! T slips alot and calls her mom and me na'na sometimes...she such a hoot!! She loves her na'na time... typically cuz my mom lets them do things I don't...i.e. paint in their underwear outside!!!! B, the boy came home last week in pink training undies!!! His dad had a cow!!! To say the least!!! He told me to have a "talk" with her about boys....she did only have daughters ya know...... He loves his na'na time as well, typically to watch "tonka trucks" or "chicken little" lately... this changes.... He also loves his papa time...they both do...
a little over a year ago my dad had a heart attack.*sigh* it was one of the worst things I have ever gone through. I am a huge Greys Anatomy fan and a few weeks before this Georges dad dies of complications post heart surgery and Christina tells him there is thing called the "dead dads" club...nobody wants to be a part of it they just are....those words still ring in my head...but anyway...Early in the morning on July 2, 2007 my mom called...I was sleeping and couldn't get to the phone fast enough...you know that half asleep the phones not suppose to ring this early....something is wrong feeling.. yeah I was totally feeling that so I called my mom back on her cell...another clue something was really wrong...unless mom was pulling another one of her "all nighters" lol....just kidding...anyway she couldn't even get the words out I remember just yelling at her to just tell me...spit it out say it.. already..i knew it was dad instantly..i just thought it was a care wreck...but she said They think your dad is or has had a heart attack...I instantly went into stay calm don't freak out mode...mom was upset enough for all of us...HE has and is her whole life...Us kids are a part too don't get me wrong..but once the kids move out and make families of thier own..then its just them...and she can't live without him.... So I hung up and told Christopher.. he said just go don;t change your clothes just go.....I drove so fast...but not fast enough it felt. I got there and my mom was outside the hospital smoking a smoke....( she has now quit for over a year!!! Go mom!!) and I couldn't even look at her little own talk to her...I knew she would make me lose it right there. AND I CAN"T DO THAT!!! So I walked into the hospital to what felt oddly like a movie..I asked where my dad was and it was as if people just felt sorry for me...I hate that..you know when somebody dies and people say sorry..I hate that....anyway.. I got to his room and walked in....a nurse was taking his blood pressure and my dads friend Ed was in there...he left to let me talk to my dad...he looked terrible ..he was so gray..and of course he says " well you didn't need to come in here" meaning the hospital..... I reached down and touched his hand and said yes I did. His hand was as cold a ice...I thought he was dying right there. I started to cry and so did he then he decided to tell me about the shot he got in the stomach and how "freaking" bad it hurt. To lighten the situation of course. My dad is not one that is real emotional, vocally or physically...but that day it all changed. I went home per his advise they were waiting on test results and the kids wanted to know where I was since I had left so early.... I got home and the kids were sleeping on the floor so I laid down and curled up to them and finally really started crying.... It felt like only a few minutes before the phone rang it was my mom to tell me they were taking him to Topeka....I once again drove like crazy for the hospital which is about 16 miles from where I live. Got there and he was already in the ambulance getting ready to leave and I told them I HAD to see him before they left...So the EMT took me back opened the side door and there he was I locked eyes with him and both of us started to cry...The EMT told me I had to leave that I couldn't upset him and so I told him that I loved him alot and that I needed him and they shut the door to head to Topeka. He went through some angioplasty and had some stints put in..... but it was the longest hell week of my life. He is my hero..there is nothing that he can't do. I am so lucky to have a dad like him. So enough of the sad stuff. He is now doing great...dad that is...him and my mom both quit smoking..whew..they were bad at it too. Packs and packs a day!!! Bot both of them are now the picture of health!!! :)

No comments: