Aug 7, 2008

What I am working on...my kitchen

About 18 months ago we decided to take on the task of remodeling a old family home in the small town we live in....It was in terrible shape and I cried for days, just the thought of all the work....did I want to even try? So we took on the challenge and in 21 days made this house...a livable home... I thought I wouls share with you the transformations we have made since then....













One of the begining pictures...day one.... my DH told me this was "my room" I needed to pick out paint and whatever else I wanted to do...within budget and get and get started..letting him know what he needed to do. So I decided to paint the cabinets, paint the walls, need fixtures, new window treatments, new flooring and a new trim...along with more things...lol And this is the inprogress look......


This is the doorway leading to the then dining room...which turned into daycare room.:)










My DH at work on the trim boards...





And the begining of the endless coats of paint......



And the begining of the painting the cabinets as well..... my mom with coat 1,248....lol.... and tht tape peeling..*ugh*
Now fast fowarding to the finished product and the way it is today........






And just this week I finished painting, adding fabric, and decorating the cabinets with my new found love of certain "old things"............








Now for my recent GOODIE finds....





This took me about 3 months to acquire and I figured with the basket I spent about $15 on all of it...which is one of my very favorite things....

Scored this at a church yard sale this last weekend for $2...its a hanging pot rack...included where hangers and everything..this picture does not do it any justice....I have always wanted one of these......

Well I have to get busy with the daycare kiddos that are now arriving and get us started on craft time soon. Be back soon.....

1 comment:

simple~needs said...

i am loving your blog!! keep posting!! in a week or two it gets to be routine.:)
and its keeps folks coming back.
i am adding you to my blog roll. so everyone else can see the great transformation and all your goodies.